Customer Care & Closings Coordinator Job Description
Customer Care Job Objectives: Lead all customer walk-thoughts and manage all post sales customer service and warranty requests.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Process customer service/warranty requests received via email, phone, or internet with the Punchlist system. Follow-up on resolved requests until service is provided or a solution is reached. Work closely with Operations Manager and Customer Service Representative. This job will involve data entry and verbal and written follow-up with trade contractors.
Reports to: Controller
Customer Care Job Responsibilities:
- Establishes and enforces warranty guidelines.
- Interface with home buyers and subcontractors under tight schedule deadlines
- Work closely with other team members to accomplish department and company objectives
- Diagnose, schedule, and complete warranty service work with multiple daily appointments
- Help facilitate quality delivery of new homes to home buyers
- Negotiate subcontractor bids for chargeable work
- Service and repair warranty items of a general nature that are not covered by subcontractor or manufacturer warranty
- Point of contact between homeowners and Company
- Utilize BuilderTrend program to track and close out service requests sent to subcontractors
- Schedule 60-day customer care Follow-Up appointments
- Complete all warranty service requests within ten (10) working days.
- Receive incoming calls and emails from closed homebuyers for service requests.
- Distribute warranty repair order(s) to affected Trade Contractor(s) per CSR instructions.
- Follow through and enter completion date into database.
- Create home owner warranty files for closings
- Schedule 11-month customer care Follow-Up appointment
- Send routine reminders via email to home owners at appropriate times.
- Respond to home owner contacts: phone, email, letter or in-person visits to the office.
- Input warranty items into the BuilderTrend computer software
- Issue and distribute approved warranty work orders.
- Monitor completion of warranty work orders and update computer records.
- Utilize BuilderTrend software to Prepare and distribute reports summarizing warranty work.
- Identify parts of the homebuilding process that can be improved to produce better customer satisfaction. Develop action plans with appropriate departments and personnel.
Areas of Accountability:
- Ensure Completion of any Post-Close Addendum Items within 14 Business Days from Closing
- Complete all warranty issues timely. No items over 30 days to complete.
- Negotiate when possible with subcontracts to complete work as warranty
- Prepare Weekly Reports on All Outstanding Warranty Items
Closing Coordinator Position Objectives:
Thompson Homes customers and closing attorneys completing our transactions are satisfied in all of our communication throughout the entire process. This has enabled us to close our homes as soon as practical after completion. Miscommunications regarding; dates, amounts due, deposits and draws are minimized. We want to be known as the most organized builder by all parties involved and the stress sometimes experienced by homebuyers is eliminated.
Closing Coordinator Job Responsibilities:
Reports to: Controller
- Act as a liaison between customer, field manager, customer’s attorney, bank or lender, appraiser and bank attorney.
- Establish a system for creating and maintaining documents for home closings that may include; HOA documents, deed restrictions, plot plans, copy of ratified Purchase Agreements, Contract Addendums, building permits, flood plain info, etc.
- Coordinate and Distributes information to customers Lender(s), Appraisers, Realtors, when requested. Collect deposits from customers according to payment arrangements.
- Create, maintain and track annual escrow accounting for incomplete exterior work. Provide appropriate Construction Superintendent with details of work needed for their respective jobs.
- Assist customer’s Lender(s) with any pre and/or post-closing concerns or issues that arise of which require any Escrow holdbacks.
- Keep Controller up-to-date on closing status for cash flow purposes. Prepare and maintain Warranty Reports, Rolling Sale – Starts – Closing Summary, etc.
- Strong Computer Literacy
- Excellent Phone Skills
- Detail Oriented
- Quick Learner
- Strong People Skills
- Desire to see a job through to completion
- Skilled in Microsoft Office – especially Outlook, Word, and Excel
New Home Sales Consultant (NHC)
- Greet and establish a rapport with all customers who enter the model.
- Have customers complete the registration forms.
- Qualify customers to determine their ability to buy, timing and needs.
- Present the home and match wants and needs.
- Overcome all objections and close the customer.
- Discuss homesite availability and walk the homesite.
- Collect deposits and sign all required paperwork.
- Complete Contract paperwork in its entirety and confirm that the Home Buyer and an officer of Thomson Homes has signed the required forms and send to the main office.
- Assist customer(s) with floorplan changes, and all structural changes, i.e. basements, third-car garage additions, covered porches, etc.
- Coordinate appointment with Design Coordinator once plans have been finalized and approved by customer (only set up this appointment after buyers have been pre-approved by bank, under contract with THI, and all contingencies have been removed).
- Participate in Pre-Construction Meetings (only when required)
- Coordinate meeting appointments with the customer and construction manager.
- Attend the pre-construction meeting to provide input and answer questions if necessary.
- Handle Reports and Other Files
- Submit accurate traffic reports at the Team Meeting in recap of the prior week’s activities in sales, closings, traffic, cancellations, Realtor showings and beback visits.
- Report sources of weekly advertising.
- Complete necessary paperwork on inventory request forms as requested.
- Set up a Competition File and shop your competition – be prepared to discuss findings during Monday Team Meetings.
- Keep a working file of materials about the community that could be used as follow-up for potential buyers.
- Keep all Buyers files in an orderly and systematic way. Maintain Marks on a daily basis.
- Keep a working file of recent financial news and updated preferred lender rate sheets.
- Keep a file on information on schools in your area.
- Responsible for maintaining a positive, professional presentation of Thompson Homes within their community
- Maintain all spec and model homes to Thompson standards
- Maintain sales collateral in spec homes and models
- Manage leads through the CRM prescribed by the corporate office
- Enter all traffic into the company’s CRM system daily
- Respond to all website and phone leads for their community
- Send out info and touch base with realtors for their own community
- Receive all web leads and provide immediate response (within 24 hours) in order to schedule an appointment. For any web leads that do not provide a telephone number, engage the prospect through email until a phone number or appointment can be secured
- Coordination of closings
Please send inquires to: Nick Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ve got a lot to say
signup for news updates and stay up to date.